The State of Nevada Housing Division has joined with the Culinary and Bartenders Housing Partnership to provide up to $10,000 in loans for a down payment on a home.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- The down payment assistance loan up to $10,000 has a 0% interest rate.
- You do not have to pay back the loan until you sell, transfer or refinance.
- If you sell or refinance you pay the loan back at face value with no interest charges.
- You must live in the house you buy (no second homes or vacation homes).
- You must not have owned a home within the past three years.
- You must contribute up to 3.5% of the purchase price.
- Your combined household income can’t be greater than $76,680 for a 1-2 person household. For a household with 3 or more persons, your combined household income can’t be greater than $89,460.
- You will be required to complete an orientation class, an 8 hour homebuyer education course and a one-on-one counseling session at no cost to you.
- You must qualify for a mortgage - you may use a lender of your choice, or the Housing Partnership can provide you with a list of participating lenders to assist you. Participating lender list can be located at www.nevadapartners.org.
- Funds for loans are limited and will be granted on a first come first serve basis.
TO GET MORE DETAILS, PLEASE CALL THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP AT (702) 924-2178 or call me at my direct line 702.399.4663